Prunus laurocerasus, Carolina Cherry Laurel
An evergreen tree that grows up to 40 feet. Leaves are glossy, grow alternately and range in color from light yellow / green to a dark rich green. Flowers are fragrant and white and grow in bunches. Fruit is blue / black and very small.
Animals should be kept away from these plants if possible. However, cherry laurel is unpalatable and the concern is only high during drought conditions.
The entire plant is toxic, except the cherries. Wilted leaves have the most toxicity.
Tremors, excitability, convulsions, excessive drooling.
Contains a toxin which halts cellular respiration and can be fatal.
*It should be noted that we are not veterinarians. This information is written specifically for horses and should be used for reference purposes only. If you think your horse has eaten something toxic call your vet right away.