Cap is smooth and white, stalk is thin and white. Gills are white and free from the stem which has a bulb at its base. This mushroom is a striking bright white in color.
Only during drought conditions, unpalatable. However the extreme toxicity of the destroying angels means they are always a danger.
The entire mushroom is toxic.
Occur about six to eight hours after ingestion and include gastrointestional upset, diarrhea. Within 48 hours the toxins begin to damage the liver and kidney.
Contain highly toxic amatoxins and phallotoxins which inhibit protein synthesis (namely liver and kidney cells) and mean certain death.
*It should be noted that we are not veterinarians. This information is written specifically for horses and should be used for reference purposes only. If you think your horse has eaten something toxic call your vet right away.