An perennial shrub type with a shallow root system. Leaves are oval and grow directly on the main stem. Flower is simple, white /pink/ yellow and grow in clusters at the top of the stem.
Only during drought conditions, unpalatable.
The whole plant is toxic.
Occur within a few minutes to a few hours after ingestion, drooling, abdominal cramping, colic, diarrhea, lack of coordination, tremors, weakness, stupor, difficulty breathing, fever, irregular heartbeat, birth defects in foals, death from respiratory paralysis.
Contains nicotine which can be fatal.
*It should be noted that we are not veterinarians. This information is written specifically for horses and should be used for reference purposes only. If you think your horse has eaten something toxic call your vet right away.