Annual that grows up to 2.5 inches tall. Leaves grow alternately in rosettes. Flowers are white with 4 petals and 4 sepals. Fruit is a flat, oval pod.
Only during drought conditions, unpalatable, can be incorporated in hay.
The entire plant is toxic, highest concentration in the seeds. Large quantities must be consumed over a long period of time to cause symptoms.
Gastrointestinal irritation, excessive drooling, colic, diarrhea.
Toxin Isothiocyanates irritates the digestive tract.
*It should be noted that we are not veterinarians. This information is written specifically for horses and should be used for reference purposes only. If you think your horse has eaten something toxic call your vet right away.