Annual sometimes biennial herb which grows up to 2 feet tall. Lanced shaped leaves alternate and covered in grey down. Flowers are tiny, white, have four petals and grow in elongated clusters.
Only during drought conditions, unpalatable. Can be incorporated into hay.
The whole plant is toxic, fresh and dried.
Occur 12-24 hours after ingestion, fever, swollen legs, colic, bloody diarrhea, premature birth in brood mares, lack of appetite, dehydration and death.
Unknown toxic component can be fatal.
*It should be noted that we are not veterinarians. This information is written specifically for horses and should be used for reference purposes only. If you think your horse has eaten something toxic call your vet right away.